Monday, September 10, 2007

just a quick entry

Ich bin wieder da! After my trip to Bosnia, I went on to Bejahad - the annual Jewish culture festival in Croatia, where I ended up speaking Hebrew, Yiddish, Turkish, French, German and English, next to my native tongue. I then went on to greet a pile of work in Vienna, only to go see a EURO 2008 qualifier match in Székesfehérvár (Stuhlweißenburg or Stoličný Belehrad, meaning the 'throne/stool white castle/town'), in Hungary, where Bosnia had lost 1-0 in a match that made me realize how supporting "some of the world's worst teams" - which I so often claim to do - involves a lot of living with desperate play and creepy losses.

Nevertheless, I ended up being the only person on the bus - in fact, on all the busses - that was capable of any level of decent Hungarian (which is, at times, a ridiculously complicated but extremely loveable language), so I went from my bus to other bus to police car to my bus to border police car to other bus to police station to my bus, involving some violent fans, endless stops and dodgy border crossings. But we made it and now - as I'm up and running - I'm back to this blog.

Viszontlátasra everyone - and do stay tuned.

No comments: